Thursday, August 19, 2010

Odd Girl Out by Rachel Simmons

     Whenever I'm harassed by a larger group, I at as if I don't care to make them leave me alone, which they do, but deep inside, I'm depressed and sad. My only options in that situation were to insult them back, ignore them, walk away, or tell a teacher. Telling a teacher was out of the question. Nobody likes working with a tattle-tale who reports everything to a teacher. Walking away would make me seem weak and cowardly, which would make them harass me even more, so this wasn't an option either. I don't like insulting or yelling at people, so my only remaining option was to gnore them, which actually worked.
     I think people bully others out of habit, boredom, or smugness. I've never really bullied anyone before, but I think they might want to hurt their peers because they want revenge or because they hate somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment