Saturday, December 11, 2010

Response to Alex

     I found a extremely interesting post on Alex's blog. I think it's very interesting because it's on a topic not any people would blog about AND it's a narrative. On the other hand, the blog gave me some questions I would like answered. Here is a quote from the post:
The sand moves where the waves break and uncovers dangerous rocks that often give swimmers cuts on their feet.

Because of the rocks' ability to cut swimmers' feet, how many people actually go there? Can the rocks cut through sandals or sneakers? Did Alex go because he wanted cuts on his feet or to have fun? The first two questions give the reader an idea on how sharp and dangerous the rocks are. The fiinal question just popped into my head and I wanted it out.
     The ending of the narrative seemed incomplete. I want to know what happened after Alex got separate from his dad in the waves. The reader can come up with his/her own idea of what happens next and the outcome(which is Alex survives otherwise he couldn't have written the post), but he should tells us because our opinions cannot alter the facts. The part about the separation is also the climax, which hold the most tension in the narrative. Maybe he should finish the story next time he posts.
     Finally, I don't like how Alex's mom told his sisters not to go very deep into the water but let Alex go. I understand that his mom didn't want to take risks with a ten-year-old and two-year-old, but she could watch over both of them as they played ioin shallow waters. I'm sure they complained because that's what children do and because every child is spoiled to some extent.
     I really like Alex's post even though it seems incomplete and I don't like some of the stuff in it. I like reading about beaches and vavations instead of birds pooping on cars for a change. I hope to read more stuff like this in the next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment