Friday, January 14, 2011

Reponse to Carly's Post

     So I was looking around google reader, trying to find something to respond to and went to the 35th period section. There, I found Carly's post. It's about winter and how it makes you suffer regardless of what you do (I totally agree).
     In the first paragraph, I read something that made me question myself:
    Finally, I found that Carly thinks sweaters allow the human race to survive during the winter. I completely disagree. There are places around the world where people are stuggling to feed themselves and try to find rags to wear. They have no sweaters, so how do they survive? I won't disagree and say that sweaters aren't good, but they haven't saved the human race, yet. And also, I don't wear sweaters.
     So, the main points that can be drawn from Carly's post is that winter is horrible and hard to survive, and unfortable too. I can't disagree with either of those points, but sweaters did not save us all, unless Carly meant that sweaters are her own refuge for the winter.
 Whenever I am wearing a puffy jacket, the clouds agreeably make way for the sun to shine on my heated jacket. When I strip off my jacket, the clouds close up and send the winds to further the discomfort(1).
When I read this, I asked myself "Why didn't Carly put the jacket back on when the clous closed up again?" Nature doesn't immediately respond to every action Carly does, so putting the jacket back on will not make another gap betweeen the clouds for the sun to shine through.
     In the second paragraph, I found another error/issue/idk what it's called. Carly stated that there are "gooey goose poop littered across campus"(2). Is carly talking about the goose poop on the field and the patch of grass right next to the school? (Sorry. I'm a big critic.) As far as I know, geese have never, and will never, wander onto our campus just to take a dump. Wouldn't they just do it on the patch of grass where they eat? That makes a lot more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment