Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Q the big fat jerk

.    I think Q is a big fat jerk. At the end of “The Dinosaur,” Q found out that he had a son. It says, “I patted his head, said: “Good for you,” and went off.” He didn’t even tell his son he was his father. He also didn’t tell him that he was descended from dinosaurs. Parents hide things from their children to protect them, but children have a right to know what’s going on; in the end, it’s always a bad idea.
Then, in “The Dinosaur,” Fern-flower refuses to dance with Q. Q says “if you won’t dance with me, I’ll dance with another!” I cried. I grasped the half-breed by one paw, carrying her off right under Zahn’s nose.” This tactic  was intended to make Fern-Flower jealous, but it only made Zahn jealous. Also, this isn’t a good way to win a woman’s heart anywhere around the world. This made Q hated.  
Finally, In “the Aquatic Uncle”, Q got himself a fiance and was introduced to Lll’s family. “But every time an opportunity occurred, I postponed it, out of embarrassment; knowing the prejudices among which she had been brought up, I hadn’t yet dared tell her my uncle was a fish.” Everyone has the right to know about the family of someone their about to marry. They wouldn't want to marry someone who’s family is extremely hostile to him. It also allows a person to begin building bonds with future family-in-law. This is why I think Q is a really big and fat jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment