Thursday, October 7, 2010

Procrastination

   Why do humans procrastinate? This question was probably answered already but I want to make a post of my own on it. Humans procrastinate because we want to enjoy life. What do we do when we're procrastinating? Enjoying ourselves in front of the computer or the TV or maybe even going to the mall shopping for clothes with friends. We humans want to enjoy life to the fullest, especcially here in America. We waste fossil fuels and electricity and water to enjoy ourselves.
   Is it better to procrastinate and enjoy ourselves first or to finish everything first and enjoy ourselves later? I've been doing homework at 1 o'clock at night since I came to ASTI. Why? because I've been spending too much time in front of the computer. I also get a lot less sleep and worry about major projects and whether I'll ifnish things in time. From my own experiences, I think it's better to finish the work first and enjoy ourselves later.
   What's the best way to prevent procrastination? Humans constantly have the urge to do enjoyable things first, except for people who are used to not procrastinating. We need soomething to constantly remind us to finish our work first, like Post-Its, Notes to self, or telling someone to remind you to do your work. Many human lives can be improved by doing this; you can still have fun and you get your work done. I think this is what win-win situation means. Either way, you get what you want, getting your work done and enjoying life.
  
    I hope this can help you prevent procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment