Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shorter schooltime?

     Should schools end earlier? Should students be allowed to spend time with friends and family instead of at school for one third of every normal school day? I think we should be able to do so.
     Everyone only has one childhood; we should be able to enjoy it as much as possible and have lots of happy memories to remember it by. I spend two thirds of a day sleeping and at school. I barely have any time to spend with friends and family after I finish doing my homework too, especially now since ASTI, the Alameda Science and Technology Institute, gives more homework than regular schools.Sometimes, I'm so overloaded with homework that I'm still doing my homework at 11 o'clock PM, leaving 7 and a half hours to sleep absolutely no time do hang out with friends and family. I think I should be able to enjoy this childhood of mine and stimulate the experiences of my teenage life.
     I may have lots of memories of middle school so far, but I don't think I have enough and that I could have had more. This may be because of how unsocial I am outside of school. Also, many teenagers these days don't want to go to school. Either they're too lazy, they don't want to, or they think that school is too long and it's a waste of time. Personally, I think they think school is too long and a waste of time; moost students are actually hard-working and don't mind the work, they just don't like the 8 hours of school. It's under these circumstances that they don't want to go to school. It would be better for school to be shorter and to have parents moniter their children a bit more, which is what they're supposed to do.
     If the school districts knew what goes on in student's minds, they could possibly increase the impact of a student's overall education.

No comments:

Post a Comment