Friday, April 1, 2011

Vignette Project Review

    I want the regular blog posts back (my opinion)...
    Anyway, this is my post in response to the promt Mr. Sutherland posted on the Dailies.
    First of all, I noticed (cough cough...was told) that bees in Susan's vignette project represdent fear. Susan claims that "[she] used to be afraid of bees." She used to run from them and hide. She avoided them wwhenever she could, and tried her best to keep her pets away from them, too. Unfortuneatly, the pets couldn't stay away from the bees and they had to be buried. In Susan's next vignette, she says, "'Don't be scared of bees'". She was sdtold this by her brother. Being scared of soemthing is to fear sopemthing. Her brother was telling her not top fear the bees, which she used to fear.
    In addition to noticing/listening to Susan announcing her symbolism, I noticed that some students decided top write about their brothers. For example, Christian Cortez wrote, "We were living in boxes and bins for all the months my brother was in the hospital." Others, like Billy Lau, also decided to write about their siblings. Susan also used "brother" in her vignette "The Bees".
    I actually really like Kasia's first vignette about how her father grew up and how it affected his behavior. He refused to give Kasia a cell phone and commented on music. I personally do not blame him because it wasn't his fault that he had top grow up in those certain conditions.

     Finally, I want to say that many people used the vignette they wrote for the "Hairs" ECHO. Kasia wrote a vignette about nails. Eric did a vignette about hair. I posted one about handwriting. I think they didn't write another vignette and just posted the old one because they were too lazy. Nobody likes to work extremely hard; humans liek to relax and get comfortable and lazy. I am a perfect example of laziness. I procrastinate and do my homework at 10 o'clock PM. I'm pretty sure there are others who do the same thing. We got into ASTI due to high performance not because of not procrastinating.
     The purpose of this post is to show Mr. Sutherland that we read the posts other students put onto google reader. I hope i used enough vignettes from different people to show that I worked on this post for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment